Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

THING #4

     BLOGS READ:
           Patrick's Update: 5th Grade AND Extreme Biology: Imagine Turning On the Faucet and Nothing Coming Out     

           Blogging is much more informal than other styles of writing.  Yet, I believe this is why it is so widely used and preferred.  There isn’t a ‘blogging literacy’ like there is a ‘texting literacy’ really.  There is however, a technology and web navigation requirement, to some extent.
I'm an inclusion teacher so it has been tough through the first six weeks to find my place in the classroom, but I'm getting there.  My job is to make sure the kids learn the best way they can.  I try to go above and beyond to reach my students in any way possible.  The hardest part is really knowing what is going on with each of them, at the same time.  Some kids are too scared to speak out in class for fear of being laughed at, having the wrong answer, etc.  However, those kids may feel much more freedom in expressing themselves via blogs.  I think they can be an amazing tool in the classroom and would love to utilize them.

1 comment:

  1. Am I seeing a generation gap? Or just a gap between me and the latest technology? while students feel MORE free to express themselves on the internet, I feel LESS freedom. There is something really scary to me about knowing that my words are there for the whole world to see. Do others feel that way?

    ReplyDelete