Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

thing #22

1. Why is it important that educators know how social networking works?
It is important that we know how these work to not only keep us up to date with our students, but to network and connect with other professionals in our field. 
2. What new insights did you gain about these popular sites?  Myspace is 'dead' now.  I switched over to Facebook awhile back and I plan to delete my myspace account.
3. What did you like or dislike about each of the sites you explored?  I like the user friendliness of facebook.  Myspace moves to slow for me now!
4. Which site had the most useful features?  Facebook, by far.
5.Can you see an educational application for any of these sites?  I see an educational use if a page was created strictly for that and all of  your students were added as friends as an entire class.....but I think a wiki would be more appropriate.  Facebook has been very useful to me in job hunting, exchanging ideas with other people in my grad classes, and booking shows for my band.  It is a quick and easy way to connect with people if you so choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment