Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

thing #14


The first site I visited was:
http://tadalist.com/

I think this is a very useful tool for teaching, or everyday life.  I would love to have the students have maybe weekly or monthly lists and grade them on their progress.  This is a great organizational tool and it helps to keep your goals in  plain sight.  I like the fact that people can share lists because it is interesting to see another person's goals.  It might challenge you to expect more from yourself.  With this site, you are able to create your own lists, assign lists to other people, share lists, subscribe via RSS, and more.  I would recommend it.  I've already created two lists!

The second site I visited was:
http://polldaddy.com/

You are able to set up an online survey in minutes and start collecting responses in real-time!  A feature I found that was cool was the ability to interact directly with facebook.  So...I could create a facebook strictly for the classroom, post quizzes in real time and have the students take them and post comments about their reactions.  To stretch their thinking, I could assign them the task of creating their own quizzes and collecting the data on the posted responses.  I am very excited about this one (I know, I'm nerdy!).

No comments:

Post a Comment